Meet Diana Paulk
Dr. Diana Paulk works with individuals. She is a licensed psychologist and has more than 20 years of experience offering therapy in many different settings. Over the years, she has come to relish working with individuals who are striving to overcome issues associated with recent or past trauma – symptoms such as stress, avoidance and overwhelming feelings of anxiety, depression or worry. Dr. Diana Paulk is certified as an advanced trauma specialist by The Trauma Center, a 9-month program conducted by recognized trauma experts, including Bessel van der Kolk, MD. She is also a Level 2 trained IFS therapist (Internal Family Systems Therapy).
In Her Personal Life
When not at work, Dr. Paulk is an advocate for domestic and international adoption. Her daughter, Lily, was adopted from China in 2008. While trained as a classical pianist, these days Dr. Paulk is mostly a “weekend musician.” Dr. Paulk’s family includes Sadie, lovingly called “Miss Sassy Pants.” Sadie has identity issues – she is a shih tzu who believes she is a Doberman! Sadie will hopefully become Birmingham Anxiety and Trauma Therapy’s very own therapy dog in the future.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology
- Education Specialist in Counseling & Human Systems
- Master of Science in Counseling & Human Systems
- Bachelor’s degree (double major) in Psychology & Music Therapy
- Research Assistant Professor (UAB, Dept of Psychology)
- University counseling centers
- Community mental health center
- Rape/spouse abuse crisis center
- Public school systems
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield