You’ve taken the first step and decided to seek counseling. Now what? With so many therapists to choose from, finding the best psychologist in Birmingham means different things to different people. You want to find the best one for your needs to ensure your recovery and optimal wellness.
What to Consider When Choosing a Therapist
Choosing a therapist is more than just picking one out of a list and calling for the first available appointment. There are important factors to consider. To help you get started, we have compiled a list of things to consider to help you find the best psychologist in Birmingham for you.
- First, check with your insurance to see who they cover.
- Research licensing, credentials, etc.
- Ask for a free consultation and get a feel for their personality and if you think they would be a good fit for you.
- Do you need a therapist with expertise in a certain specialty? Does that therapist specialize in what you need?
- Ask about their office hours so you’ll know if they will work with your schedule.
- If you don’t have insurance, inquire about self-pay costs.
Under the umbrella of therapy, there are many specific areas therapists can have experience, like the professionals at Dr. Paulk’s Birmingham Anxiety & Trauma have. A brief list of these specialties includes anxiety, trauma therapy, PTSD, women’s issues, men’s issues, adolescent issues, family counseling, therapy for children, couples therapy, premarital or pre-marriage counseling, and anger management. When choosing the best psychologist in Birmingham for you, it is important to research the experience of the therapists so you know if they will be the one who is best qualified to address your needs.
Birmingham Anxiety & Trauma Therapy can Help
It takes courage to make that call for help. Our experienced professionals have extensive training within their specialty. They will handle your concerns with compassion and an approach unique to your circumstances. Contact us today by completing our online form, or call us at (205) 807-5372. For your safety and convenience, we offer teletherapy visits as well as in-person appointments. Don’t delay. Reach out and start your healing today!