Thank you for allowing us to serve you! Many people are questioning us about a reopening date. Due to some insurance plans no longer paying for teletherapy, we will be returning to the office on June 1, 2020. If you are a current patient, your therapist will be speaking with you so that you can make an informed decision regarding continuing therapy services online, or moving to in-office sessions. We are doing everything possible to reopen in the most responsible manner. We understand that our sanitizing plan exceeds the recommendations of the state of Alabama, but we need your support in this so that all of our vulnerable friends and family are protected as much as possible!
Returning to the Office – What we need you to do:
- Please remain in your car before coming in. Text your therapist your name and that you have arrived. Your therapist will text to notify you when they are ready for you to come into the building.
- If you are a new patient, please come into the office no more than ten minutes before your appointment time with your paperwork completed.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times while in the building.
- Use the antibacterial product provided just outside the office suite, and wait in the hall until no one is at the front window.
- You will sign in with a pen that we sanitize before and after every use.
- Your temperature will be taken with a no-contact thermometer. Any temperature above 100.1 will require you exit the office and reschedule your session for another day.
- After your temperature is taken, you may go back to your regular therapy room on your own. If you are new to BATT, your therapist will meet you at the entrance to the therapy rooms.
- We love the homey feel in our therapy rooms; but for your safety and ours, we have streamlined items and furniture to allow for easier sanitizing and accurate social distancing.
- Every therapy room is disinfected before and after each session.
- After you are seated for your first in-office session, you and your therapist will discuss your preferences for wearing masks during the session. Most of our therapists will leave this decision up to you, and will be happy to comply with any combination during your session. (Whether you want to wear or mask or want your therapist to wear a mask, etc.)
- Do not bring anyone with you to your session unless that person will be attending the therapy session. Our waiting room is currently unavailable due to social distancing protocols.
- ANY coughing (even due to allergies) will require you to keep your mask on for your entire visit.
Returning to the Office – What we are doing for you:
- The entire office is deeply sanitized each morning and evening; as well as regular cleaning throughout the day.
- All doors are left open except the doors to therapy rooms to allow for better circulation of air.
- Therapists and staff will wear masks at all times when outside the therapy rooms.
- Therapists will disinfect the room before and after each session and maintain social distancing of six feet or more.
- Our administrators will be wearing masks when interacting through the open window.
- We have implemented social distancing throughout our office and each person working in our office will maintain a strict social distancing protocol.
IMPORTANT: If you come in contact with COVID or are diagnosed yourself, please notify us immediately so that we can begin our in-office contact tracing. These requirements may sound overly restrictive; however, this will allow for very accurate social tracing if someone contracts the COVID virus and help us keep you safe!
Thank you for allowing us to continue to serve you during this stressful time!