Accepting New Patients
Margaret Roy is a licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in the state of Alabama with over 37 years of experience. She works with individuals, couples, families, multigenerational families and groups. Additionally, she has experience working as a Military Family Life Consultant, counseling military members and their families. Her work includes assisting client’s with stress and anger management skill building techniques, resilience, mindfulness, assertiveness training, relational concerns, depression, anxiety, PTSD/trauma, grief work, mood as well as personality disorders.
In Her Personal Life
Margaret is the spouse of a military veteran (52 years). They have two children. She has traveled extensively in the United States and overseas. This experience has enabled her to have significant insight, respect and sensitivity while working with various cultures. She also enjoys attending therapeutic seminars and workshops which keep her abreast of current treatment skills. She enjoys reading, bowling, gardening and choral singing. This therapist provides a safe environment in order to explore ways to cope more effectively. She is passionate about her work as a Family Therapist and enjoys observing clients improve the quality of their lives as they gain more effective coping skills.
- Bachelor of Science Sociology/Psychology
- Master of Science in Human Developmental Counseling
- Post Graduate training for Marriage and Family Therapy for Community Practitioners
- Private practice
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Military Family Life Consultant / US Air Force
- University Counseling / Career counseling
- Pain Center Counseling with addictions
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- BrightHealth & Behavioral Health Systems
- Separate BrightHealth
- Behavioral Health Systems