Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Paulk works with individuals. She is a licensed psychologist and has more than 20 years of experience offering therapy in many different settings. Over the years, she has come to relish working with individuals who are striving to overcome issues associated with recent or past trauma – symptoms such as stress, avoidance and overwhelming feelings of anxiety, depression or worry. Dr. Paulk recently became certified as an advanced trauma specialist by The Trauma Center at the Justice Research Institute outside Boston, Massachusetts. The nine-month program was conducted by recognized experts in the field, including Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
In Her Personal Life
When not at work, Dr. Paulk is an advocate for domestic and international adoption. Her daughter, Lily, was adopted from China in 2008. While trained as a classical pianist, these days Dr. Paulk is mostly a “weekend musician.” Recently Dr. Paulk’s family added a new puppy to the household. Sadie, a shih tzu lovingly called “Miss Sassy Pants,” has everyone running around in circles! It’s like having an infant in the house again!
- PhD in Counseling Psychology
- Education Specialist in Counseling & Human Systems
- Master of Science in Counseling & Human Systems
- Bachelor’s degree (double major) in Psychology & Music Therapy
- Research Assistant Professor (UAB, Dept of Psychology)
- University counseling centers
- Community mental health center
- Rape/spouse abuse crisis center
- Public school systems