How much do services cost?
Our rates are within the average range for what is charged in this geographical area. The cost of services depends on the type of services you receive, which of our therapists provides these services, and whether you choose to use insurance.
Do you accept insurance?
Many insurance and managed care companies set “allowed amounts” for different types of services as well as various pay schedules and the amounts the patient is expected to pay. Depending on your plan, services may be covered in full or in part. When you call to make an appointment, we will collect information at that time (contract number and your date of birth) that will allow us to look up your eligibility for services and the benefits offered to you by your insurance company. Please note that we do this as a courtesy and do not take responsibility for any changes your insurance may implement.
We are unable to accept Medicare and Medicaid at this time
We are currently on provider panels for the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama (BCBSAL)
- American Behavioral Benefits Managers (ABBM)
- Managed Health Care Associates (MHCA)
We try to schedule services for new patients as soon as possible. We don’t like to make people wait! When we make an appointment for services we reserve that time specifically for you, and, in doing so, tell others asking for that appointment time that it’s not available for them.If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please contact us at least 24 hours prior to the appointment so that we have an opportunity to provide services for another person during that time. We’ll make an effort to reschedule your appointment for a mutually convenient time when provided sufficient notification.
- If you don’t contact us to cancel or reschedule 24 hours prior to the session or don’t show up, you’ll be charged $50 for the first missed session and $100 for subsequent missed sessions (a charge which insurance companies don’t cover).
- Missed appointments include, but are not limited to, the unfortunate experiences of forgetting an appointment or having something else important come up that conflicts with your appointment.
- Emergency or medical situations: If the sudden onset of a significant health or medical situation or unexpected emergency results in a late cancellation or missed appointment, the missed appointment charge will be waived at your request regarding such a situation. We ask that you reserve this request for circumstances that truly prevent you from getting to your appointment or notifying us a day in advance. Please call as soon as you can in such situations so we can reschedule and/or verify your next appointment time.
- Severe weather: If the driving conditions are such that you do not feel safe driving to our office, please call as soon as possible. If you don’t call, regardless of weather conditions, you’ll be charged for the missed session.
Can I pay by credit card?
We accept cash, checks, Visa, Master Card, Discovery, or American Express.